Today I got a call from my friend Sam! She called at just the right time, I needed a good laugh! She told me that she was at Old Navy looking for some socks for her baby girl "Bella Rose" and remembered something funny that Presley ( my 8 year old) had said to her a few years ago. Presley had a pair of Deisel shoes on (with NO SOCKS) and she said to Sam, "did you know that if you don't wear socks with these shoes it means your RICH!" I'm not sure where she got that from, did you know that RICH people didn't wear socks with their tennis shoes? Me niether!
Sooo.............. then she remembered the time that one of my kids left one of their dresser drawers open and Presley said to her, " my mom hates when we leave our drawers open, she says it's white trash"!
Ok, I probably did say that! I was just trying to teach them not to be SLOPPY! I refer everything sloppy, messy, dirty, etc. to WHITE TRASH! Sometimes I can get myself into trouble because of it. For example, at the gym I train at one of the trainers were training one of her clients and they were having a conversation about body piercings and they asked me "Holly would you ever get your belly button pierced and I said "NO, THATS SO WHITE TRASH!" But what I really meant was that I personaly would feel like white trash! " Oh so you think i'm white trash!" Her client said. Oh my gosh, I tried to explain but it didn't do me any good! The guy
owns a piercing and tattoo shop!! OOPS!! Like I knew!! (he got over it, we laugh about it now!)
THANKS FOR THE LAUGH SAM!!
P.S. remember when we went up to Pinetop and we stopped to get gas and Joe drove away with the pump still attached to your car!!! It ripped that thing apart! Oh my gosh that was soooooooo funny. I have a picture of it somewhere, maybe I can find it to add to this post!! (and the hotel we stayed at! Pretty fancy!) Talk about WHITE TRASH!! I'm sitting here at the computer laughing to my self as I remember this stuff! LONER!! Oh, and the park, we had more fun on the swings than the kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I always thought when I saw kids at the store with their hair not combed and food on their shirt, that was white trash. Well, I have officially joined the white trash family. I've done many things I swore I would never do. Like let Rhett wear shorts and his cowboy boots (without socks) in public. Now thats white trash!!:)
When did you move back out here? We need to talk because we are just around the corner. Lets plan a date night. Do your kids have fall break right now? syd would love to play with Presley!
i love using that sterio type. i'm glad to hear ather peoples children getting them in trouble!:)
Hi Holly I tried to send you an email about helping with the Nie Nie fundraiser, but for some reason it won't go thru, here is what it was
Hi Holly,
I do remember going to Joe's BBQ, that seems like a life time ago. I appreciate your comment on my blog and actually we are looking for some help at our Beverage booth at the start of the carnival, so from about 7:45 to maybe noon. We would probably need about 3 or 4 people. Are you and few of your sisters available at that time? If not no big deal, just let me know what times you could help out and I am sure we can find a spot for you. Again thanks for your offer to help and for your support!
Many Thanks,
Lindsay Jones You can email me at lindsayluce@gmail.com
What a cute post and our kids always manage to copy our "BEST" don't they? Those are really funny memories...I was in California with my sister{she lives there} and her daughter...we were leaving a store and my neice says OUT LOUD to her mom "DO WE LIKE HER? SHE DOESN'T DRIVE A NICE CAR." Oh my...I about died...plus I am more than white trash...I am almost white...I wanted to crawl under something...You are such a cute mom....would you like an invite into my crazy world? Just email me at pkfamdmly@aol.com and you're in baby! Kayola Skinner
Funny. My oldest used to tell us that rich kids wore tight fitting clothes! After a while we realized she was referencing that they wear clothes that fit and get new clothes when they out grow them; unlike us that buy them a little big so they last longer! ha ha. I am a cheap-o mom!
Post a Comment