Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YOU MUST READ THIS....."Election Day"!! My kids had some interesting conversations at school today.....

OK.... I must say, I'm not happy with what just happened. BUT everyone has their OWN opinion right?? I have mixed feelings and am pretty confused at this point!

My kids came home talking NON-STOP about the Election! Here were some of their comments....(and remember... don't get offended, they are CHILDREN listening to other CHILDREN who listen to their parents and other adults around them!! EVERYONE has their own opinion!!)

Gracey.... "Mom our President can here us too, huh"?(she means....like heavenly father)
Me.... "Uh... No thats only Heavenly Father"!

Presley..... "this kid at school said that if Obama wins, that we all have to smoke"!
Me.... "No thats not true"!!

Blake..... "No, he can't make Mormons smoke"!!
Me....."Who told you this? And where did they here this"?

Poor Gracey......"Mom, is the world gonna end"?
Me.... Unfortunately.... NO!! Just kidding, I didn't say that! I told her "Of course not"!! (at this point I'm wondering why I have my kids in a public school!)

Presley...... "this girl in my class said that Obama lets Doctors kill your baby when it's in your tummy"!
Me..... "Oh my gosh.... who is telling their kid this"? ( Kids should not here things like this)!!

Gracey.... "he can't make the world end, huh"? "He isn't mean huh"? Reassuring herself!
Me.... No he's not mean, and no he can't make the world end!

Gracey..... "if he is mean to us, the cops will get him, huh"!
Me... "he is not going to be mean to us, we will be fine"!!

Tyler just laughed most the time.... he said some kids at school were arguing alittle about who was gonna win, but thats about it!

.....As I am typing these comments, I am wondering.... where do these kids here all of this???? Kids shouln't be worrying about stuff like this!! My kids hear weird stuff at school all the time, but stuff like this?..... what the heck!!

I went to lunch with my sister Stephanie Yesterday and my niece Mary who is 4 yrs. old said to us..."guess what you guys get to do.... you get to vote for a new prophet"!!
...We laughed so hard, it was so funny!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Ya, I had the same reaction from my kids. They came in the door yesterday after school saying "turn on the electon." They all wanted to know what was going on up until they had to go to bed. Brooky said "Barack Obama wants people to be able to kill their babies while they are still in their moms bellies. Thats not fair! Thats murder!" What do you say to that?

April said...

Hi Holly! This is April Harrison...not sure if you remember me or not, I was in your seminary class where you met Scott. Glad I found your blog thru family. Talk to you later! April

Holly Webster said...

For those of you leaving comments on my blog.... if you have gone private, please leave me a way to visit your blog so I can comment back! It's the blogging thing to do , dontcha think?? Thanks!!

Pink Slippers said...

Honestly, that is one of the reasons I do homeschool.

Shannon said...

Seriously it is scary! I guess we all need to be more careful about what we say around the kids. Presley looked so pretty on her baptism day. Sorry we couldn't be there, Syd had dance all day. Seriously Holly count your blessings your not doing it, it is taking all our time. They are getting ready for their first competition the end of the month so it is crazy. She has dance from 9 am-5pm. I shouldn't tell you this because I want you to come back so I have someone to hang with at all the stuff! Sydnee has dance every Friday night and Tanner has football on Sat. night so we cant even get a date night in lately. Oh well such is life. Thankgoodness football ends tomorrow!

Linae said...

So crazy i know. Can you imagine being 5 and trying to picture mommies killing babies in thier tummy? Wow, that would have kept me awake or given me nightmares (it still does!) I'm glad that you are all better, what a crazy dumb thing to happen! Yes, I'm all ready to go on Monday, I'll text you Sun night to confirm. I was feeling off the hook while you were down and out! I do so much better when I have someone I'm accountable to, I couldn't live with myself if I left you hanging at 6:00 am!

April said...

If you want a link to my blog I will need your email as mine is private... my email is aalster@gmail.com